7.05.2009

We saw a little stinker....






I worked Friday and Saturday so we had a bit of a holiday today. We drove out to Sauvie Island Beach and the kids played at the water's edge. Should have brought my own suit, but I figure I will be in it enough next week. We picnic'd and sunburned and then on the way home stopped for blueberry picking at Kruger's Farm. The chickens were out and the berries were ripe. As we were making our way past Turtle Pond......out pops a skunk. I know I have seen skunks before, but only smashed dead in the road! This was a real live one with tail up. Thank goodness he didn't spray us. Home for blueberry pancakes for dinner. Yum.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Just got back from a trip to MI to visit fam. We went blueberrying one day...all told we picked 65 pounds. It will be a while before I want to eat a blueberry again...