2.15.2009

Everyone deserves a donut.




This morning we went to OMSI so the kids could play a little and realized that all of Portland was also there.  The parking lots were all full and so were the overflow lots.  Sharon and I couldn't stomach the crowd.   We changed our minds while driving around the parking lot and looking at the herds of families.  Tell that to a 3 year old.   Since everyone in our family agrees the only thing better than playing at OMSI is donuts, we headed back to or neighborhood Stacato Gelato (which has the best donuts in the whole world).  Carson got Evil Cupid, Sam got a Strawberry crueler (? sp), and i had the chocolate glazed fresh ginger.  Yum.  Now, I have been off the sugar for a while so I got a double super buzz from the donut and the double shot of espresso Americano.  (**Note that skinny Sharon did not have a donut......her loss (of weight, that is).  After the treats, we hit the Central Public Library to hear the  Portland Taiko Drummers perform.   

These donuts are cake donuts with all fresh and delish ingredients.   My mom used to make donuts when I was little and these remind me of them.  

No comments: